The BioAnalytical Services Laboratory (BAS Lab) provides state-of-the-art sequencing services and instrument availability to promote advances in genomics and molecular biology research. Located at the Institute of Marine and Environmental Technology in Baltimore, BAS Lab services are available to investigators from institutions nationwide.
The Bioanalytical Services Laboratory offers DNA sequencing services, including:
- Next Generation Sequencing:MiSeq, Illumina, and GridION, Oxford Nanopore Sequencing Technologies
- Sanger Sequencing:16 capillary-based dye terminator sequencing using 3130 XL Genetic Analyzer from Life Technologies.
Other services include:
- PCR product clean-up and DNA sequencing
- DNA extraction and DNA sequencing
- Plasmid purification and DNA sequencing
- Qubit Flex Fluorometer
- 2100 Bioanalyzer
- Covaris Ultra Sonicator
- DNA Flash Gel System
See other instruments here.
BASLab offers services at very competitive prices.
More information is available at: http://www.umces.edu/baslab
Laboratory Manager – Bio Analytical Services Lab
University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science
Institute of Marine and Environmental Technology
701 East Pratt Street
Baltimore MD 21202
410 234 8832 (voice)